1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Date/Time Stamp from Camcorder to Computer

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by stumpted, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stumpted

stumpted Thread Starter

Hello,

I have a JVC Everio GZ-HD10U camcorder that I am recording videos to MicroSD card. Upon transfering the video on my computer via sd card, I am unable to make the date/time stamp show up on the video. I have attempted using Windows Live Movie Make and Pinnacle software (Avid Studio) and have had no luck.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit with 4gb of memory. Has anybody figured out how to get the date/time stamp to show up on the computer?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

2. stumpted

stumpted Thread Starter

Bump....anybody?

3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Sorry for the delay .. Where'd everyone go ??
    I'd use Windows Live Movie Maker and add a caption of the Time/Date .. Tutorial

4. stumpted

stumpted Thread Starter

Thanks for the help....finally figured it out using Sony Vegas 11! Trouble is it costs an arm and a leg. For anyone in the future who needs help with this, check out youtube vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMwt_1QFuOM . What the instructions dont say is that you need to create the "Applications Extensions" file within the Sony Vegas Pro. C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 9.0\ then right click "add new file", then rename it to "Applications Extensions"....copy the SDVTS file in the youtube video (see youtube info for where to d\l) into the new Applications Extensions folder and your good to go! Then just follow the instructions in the youtube video.

5. stumpted

stumpted Thread Starter

My bad..........seems the above only works on Sony Vegas 9.0, its still out there for d\l if your in a pinch, just do some searching. If anyone knows how to make it work on version 11.0, you'd be a hero!

6. stumpted

stumpted Thread Starter

I have found the easiest way to apply date and time stamp to your videos. If you are using a camera with the analog (yellow/red\white) connectors, go to Best Buy and get the Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder. Nothing could be easier.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!