1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Dax error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by adi777, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. adi777

adi777 Thread Starter

During running of a cad viewer programme I have recently started getting a DAX Error when starting it up;

DAX ERROR

Access violation at address 027D9FE0 in modual 'SpfControlXLib12.ocx'. Write of address 00000004.

after this error the programe stil runs but some of the viewing parts no longer work?

What is this error for and how can i stop it.

many thanks

Adi

2. oshwyn5

oshwyn5

Does this happen with all cad files you try to view or just one?
    Normally this is caused by a corrupt library file (a dll or in this case an ocx file)
    The first thing to try is making sure everything is up to date. Run windows update and get all the critical updates. Run again and choose custom not express and check the optional software updates.
    Get any which may apply .
    Make sure you have the latest version of the Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) installed.
    http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/...E3-C795-4B7D-B037-185D0506396C&displaylang=en
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/data/aa937730.aspx

Reboot the pc after this and try again.

Which program are you using as a cad viewer? Do you have autodesk autocad installed?

3. adi777

adi777 Thread Starter

Hi thanks for taking time to reply the system i am using is StruCad, AceCad Software. Its on the 2D viewer I am having problems. when the drawings are highlighted on the list there is usually a preview for quick viewing. That has gone but I can still load each drawing!

I have updated my windows, currently running the panda active scan.

Will also update the latest version of the Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC). Just like to check that updating these wont lose any information I have on the PC for example CAD jobs? Sorry thats probably a dumb question but just want to check!

Will let you know how it goes!

Cheers

4. adi777

adi777 Thread Starter

did what you told me and it now works thankyou very much . ;)

5. oshwyn5

oshwyn5

You are very welcome; glad I could be of assistance.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758714

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice