1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: DDR2 Memory Question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NCGirlUSA, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NCGirlUSA

NCGirlUSA Thread Starter

I'm back with most of my parts for my new build.

I have the memory, but I didn't get the dual memory, they sent me just one, one gig memory card. Does this have to be dual memory where the two cards come together or can I order another one just like it and it work the same.

Thanks,
    NCGirlUSA

2. ferrija1

ferrija1

You can just order another, just make sure it is the exact same model/type. :)

3. NCGirlUSA

NCGirlUSA Thread Starter

Great! I was hoping so. Would it work with just one memory card in it? I know it won't be in the dual memory mode, but for the initial boot up?

Thanks for the info.
    NCGirlUSA

4. Wasper

Wasper

Hi NCGirlUSA,

Nice to see that your on track with that build of yours!

Yes, you can run 1 memory stick with no problems.

BTW, did you ever figure out your TV input problem?

5. NCGirlUSA

NCGirlUSA Thread Starter

Well sort of Wasper. I have read till I can't read anymore, lol. I am just going to go with captures and not watch TV. I can capture from movies and videos. Thought about the tuner card, I may go with that later. But most of the better stuff to do it with, you need the windows Media 2005, and you can't just install that. It has to come on a media computer. I sure can't build one of those, lol.

But I am about ready to put the computer together. Waiting on the video card. I ordered it last. Took me so long to decide what to do. So now I'm waiting.

Can't wait to get started though.

NCGirlUSA

6. ferrija1

ferrija1

It is just faster when you have a pair.

7. NCGirlUSA

NCGirlUSA Thread Starter

I'll go ahead and order the other one, but I may end up starting it up before I get it, just wanted to make sure it would be ok with just one for a few days, maybe a week...

Thanks,
    NCGirlUSA

8. ferrija1

ferrija1

That's fine.

If your thread is solved, please mark your thread solved by selecting Mark Solved and clicking Perform Action in the Thread Tools at the top of your thread. ;)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/564289

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice