1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: DDR2 work in DDR3 slots?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JimmyBrasco, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JimmyBrasco

JimmyBrasco Thread Starter

I had to put my DDR3 memory in for warranty due to errors and I don't have memory for my main PC and I am just wondering my old PC has DDR2 memory and I was just wondering if the would work in my Gigabyte X58A-UD3R board which has DDR3 slots?

Also I was wondering can Windows 7 64bit run will less than 4GB of memory (2GB to be exact)? Because I know that if you have over 4GB of memory u need 64bit to enable all of it, but with less will it work?

2. vietguy357

vietguy357

I don't think you can because DDR2 and DDR3 uses different slow configuration. I think ddr2 has the little cut out in the middle and ddr3 has it slight forward but i'm not totally sure

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/960375