1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: debugging a PHP database application

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by andynic, Apr 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. andynic

andynic Thread Starter

Hi,

I'm a nubie to this.

I know the basics of the NetBeans debugger and know how to debug a simple application to, for example, find the maximum value in an array.

I have to fix and modify a database application written by someone else.

Essentially it is a simple web browser form that allows the user to update columns in a MySQL table. I want to be able to enter data in the form and click "submit" (i.e. commit the changes to DB), and then be able to trace the sequence of steps that the script executes.

Is this possible with the NetBeans debugger? If so, where can I find documentation about doing this?

Configuration: Mac OS X 10.6.7, Apache 2.2, PHP 5.3, MySQL 5.1.39, NetBeans 7

Thanks very much for your help.

Andynic

2. andynic

andynic Thread Starter

Problem Solved.
    Don't know what I was doing wrong before the above post, but now things are working as I expected.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/994263