Solved: Delete Floating Drop-down List

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

VernonPeter

I copied a football schedule from a web site. All is well, except that I now have a floating drop-down list (dates) on my Excel spreadsheet. I have found all kinds of information on creating these lists, but NO information on DELETING them. Is there a method by Excel menus, or by VBA macro, to delete floating drop-down boxes?

Hi there, welcome to the board!

I'm not really sure what you're talking about. I don't even know what version you're in. Do you mean it's a floating command bar in 2003 or earlier? Do you mean a control object? Can you post the file?

VernonPeter

Hi,

I am using XP Pro and Excel 2003.

The villain in the piece looks and behaves like a plain vanilla drop-down list, the difference being that it is not attached to a cell.

Sounds like a control of some sort. Can you select it from the Selection pane? I honestly don't remember where it is in 2003. Maybe in the View menu? You could try deleting all shapes on the sheet with this code...

Code:
Sub DeleteAllShapes()
    Dim shpDelete As Shape
    For Each shpDelete In ActiveSheet.Shapes
        shpDelete.Delete
    Next
End Sub
If that doesn't work, can you post the file?

VernonPeter

Hi,

That worked a charm. Your help a) solved my problem, b) reminded me how little I know Excel, and c) fixed me up with something to do next weekend (learn some more about Excel).

A thousand thanks,

Pete Nelson

You're very welcome! You can mark the thread as solved, so others who search for similar issues will know they have a solution as well.

Good luck with learning, and I hope it's fun! :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Staff online

Members online