Solved: delete Hi,emails from server

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

americamba

I have had to leave my beloved outlook express and use live mail when I got a new laptop with win7. I think I was able to find an option in OE that allowed me to have mail over 3 months, or 3 days or whatever, from the folder. Am I hallucinating? Did I do that in OE? I really want that with live mail. Hope you can help.

thanks, Frank

throoper

Trusted Advisor (deceased)
Are you trying to automatically remove old messages from the server or from your computer?

americamba

Thanks for the response. I want the stuff over, say three months old, to be deleted automatically from the SERVER. Windows live mail must have an option for this but i can't find it. thanks, Frank

throoper

Trusted Advisor (deceased)
It should be under Tools>Accounts>mail tab>select your account>Properties button.
The setting you want will be on the Advanced tab of the Properties dialogue.

americamba

Thanks for the help.

Although the path in my version of Win 7 (starter) was not the same as the one you gave but I got to where I had to and got it done. best, Frank

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online