1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Delete Outlook Messages

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Gumstump, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gumstump

Gumstump Thread Starter

I'm trying to delete messages from my outlook, but they don't appear in my Outlook, however Kaspersky scans show them to be in the outlook .pst file.

Not sure if this should be here or the security thread. I just need to know how to remove these files from the Outlook.pst file. So, I thought I should start here.

Here are the files I'm trying to delete:

C:\Data\Outlook\Outlook.pst/Personal Folders/Deleted Items/04 Mar 2004 15:53 to '[email protected]':FW: Your te/your_text.pif

C:\Data\Outlook\Outlook.pst/Personal Folders/Deleted Items/04 Mar 2004 15:52 to '[email protected]':FW: Re: Tha/document.pif

C:\Data\Outlook\Outlook.pst/Personal Folders/Inbox/25 Feb 2004 16:30 from [email protected]:Attention/image.zip/image.exe

C:\Data\Outlook\Outlook.pst/Personal Folders/Inbox/25 Feb 2004 16:30 from [email protected]:Attention/image.zip

C:\Data\Outlook\Outlook.pst/Personal Folders/Inbox/23 Jul 2005 05:27 to [email protected]:eBay Customer Noti.html

2. mozzacajun

mozzacajun

I'll make the assumption that your pst is attached in outlook. if not, we can address that later. In outlook, open the personal folders (might also be called archive folders) and select the emails that you want deleted. If the pst is not attached, go to file, data file management and add, it will most likely open to that default location. Then you can go into the pst and delete the offending emails

3. Gumstump

Gumstump Thread Starter

The pst file is attached and I still can not find the emails?

4. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Have you ran scanpst.exe or rebuilt your folders recently?

5. Gumstump

Gumstump Thread Starter

No, but i was able to load the pst file on another computer and the files showed up. i was then able to clean the file. Not sure why the host computer wouldn't show then still.

Thanks for the help though.

6. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Congratulations. ;) Could you please mark this post as solved via the thread tools drop-down list at the top of the post?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699590

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice