1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Delete Zip File winzip32.exe?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Crowfoot, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crowfoot

Crowfoot Guest Thread Starter

Hello everyone,

Perhaps a dumb question, but:

After extraction and successful installation of this program is it necessary to keep the original zip file I downloaded or is it only taking up hard drive space and other than for backup purposes can I go ahead and delete it?

Regards,

Crowfoot.

2. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Once you've installed the program, be it Winzip or anything else, you can delete the installer you downloaded. Only reason to keep it is to avoid downloading again if you need to re-install or if you have a 2nd PC to install on (and the license allows it).
    With 1-2 GiB thumbdrives now under $10, you can get one to store about 100 installers this size.

Just be sure you are deleting the installer -- winzip32.exe is the name of the actual program file-- the winzip installer is usually named winzipXX.exe, where the XX is the version number. The latest version is named winzip111.exe and is 9.98 MiB in size. The program file will be much smaller.

HTH

jerry

3. Crowfoot

Crowfoot Guest Thread Starter

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the reply and the great explaination.

That's all I needed to know so have a nice weekend and I'll close thread.

Best wishes,

Crowfoot.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698322

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice