1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Deleted my cd disc drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by goodihavenoidea, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. goodihavenoidea

goodihavenoidea Thread Starter

On my Acer Amd turion 64 with Windows Vista Basic I deleted my cd disc drive. [Thus I can no longer play dvds/cds/burn/rip/etcetera.] This happened several years ago so a system restore is not an option.
    I've tried more than few times to get it back.

Did some scan about six months ago trying to delete the corrupt file from registry scanning or something and problem appears to be CODE 19: registry config. is incomplete or damaged, whatever that means. Drive is Matshita UJ850s ATA

Wondering if anyone could help me do this and receive my gratitude.
    Thanks all the same for your advice.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  3. goodihavenoidea

Thanks, but did not solve. download is successful but .exe stalls repeatedly with some type of error when it runs, and alternate download shows unamenable 80072ee7 error when it tries to run [i checked the host logs IPs; not the problem; nor do I use IE or messenger]. i'd done the regedit previously as stated in OP

4. Firebreather

Firebreather

I've heard many suggest installing the drivers from the manufacturer's website.

In case that's not possible, how about System Restore?

5. goodihavenoidea

Holy caped crusaders Batman, it worked! After three dozen tries and some extraneous fiddling I got the download to actually not only run but complete running. BUT it said it didn't work [3 problems: one red X [deleted/missing cd/dvd driver], one yellow exclamation, and one green fix] and so I kept trying to find other solutions and decided to check the device manager for the 1000th time and see if maybe I could delete and add hardware, and yet surprise of surprises I found the dvd/cd driver there. Not too excited however by this I clicked on it and it said it was working properly, so I skeptically got a cd and popped it open, and heard the cd actually whirring about at whatever 200-400 rpm and found it actually could play and read. Thanks so much. After literally a half dozen professionals have not helped [one screwing up my computer to this day, which I do not care to take the time to fix] you had my panacea TRIPLE6. ...or at least, so far so good... Thanks again.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!