Solved: Deleted pics, Minolta Dimage Z1 camera

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Frosty3

My 10 year deleted pictures from his graduation before I had downloaded them to my pc. Is there anyway to retrieve them?

Frosty3 said:
My 10 year deleted pictures from his graduation before I had downloaded them to my pc. Is there anyway to retrieve them?
There are a whole lot of programs that let you restore deleted files, as long as they have not been physically removed. In most cases deleting a file does not remove it, but simply marks it as being deleted, so it's ignored by Windows and written over when something else is saved. If you've used the card since you deleted the photos, some of them are probably gone. If you haven't, then they should still be there.

Use Google and look around. Most programs cost a good sum of money, but I'm sure there are some free ones out there.

Frosty3

Craftylady,

Thank you very much. That was awesome, able to get back all of the deleted graduation pictures! What a great thing to know about and have.

Many Thanks!

Glad that worked out for you. If you formatt the card though that will not work because I tested it out one day and tried it after formatting a card and it couldn't recover the pictures so keep that in mind for next time.

acraftylady said:
Glad that worked out for you. If you formatt the card though that will not work because I tested it out one day and tried it after formatting a card and it couldn't recover the pictures so keep that in mind for next time.

do i need a card reader to use or will it read it directly from the camera?

Here is what the website says. I think as long as the camera is plugged in and you can browse to where the card is it shouldn't matter if it's in the camera or a reader.

Using PC INSPECTOR™ smart recovery is child's play. Once you have started the program, all you have to do is select the memory card and click on start. PC INSPECTOR™ smart recovery looks after the rest.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online