(Solved) deleting a file with a long name

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gruff91

accidently downloaded a file that has a very long name and i can't delete it because of this!!
N E solutions?

Cheers

gruff91

nope tried that but wont allowit, can't move it either, just coz of the lenth, i think i've solved it i need to do it through msdos, well so a m8 says.
cheers

What kind of file is it? What is the file extenstion? It's possible it could be a virus, trojan or spyware. Did you run an AV scan?

Also you said you accidently downloaded it - how did it happen?

If I were you, I would run Spybot and see if that takes care of it. If you are not familiar with Spybot, take a look in the security forum because there are several threads there about it.

You can delete it, but I think you need to be in DOS to do it. I have seen this before and had the same situation years ago.

gruff91

Yer i did it by moving deleting the folder and moving the files i wanted to another, thaks to t link from The Egg, thanks every1 else 4 help but i think that was easiest, don't know why i didnt try that in the fist place.
Thanks prob solved.
:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online