1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Deleting backup file in XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jayspliff1, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jayspliff1

jayspliff1 Thread Starter

after doing a system recovery with a backup i found that the backup file is off no use to me anymore. The only problem is i can't delete it and it is taking up a large amount of space. I already tried going into safe mode to delete but it didn't work. i tried changing it from a read only folder but it says the file is either write protected or in use. i believe it may be somehow in use. if anyone knows how to delete this folder please write me.

2. cgesicki

cgesicki

3. jayspliff1

nope i tried it a few times it won't budge. it say it is either write protected or in use. i can delete a lot of the stuff out of it but not all of it.

4. jayspliff1

I take that back it worked thanks......

5. jayspliff1

i take that back it worked thanks......

6. cgesicki

cgesicki

no problem glad it worked out for you.

7. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

"jay- -": Please go to Thread Tools and choose "Solved." That will indicate to folks that you no longer need assistance. The courtesy will be appreciated.

{redoak}

8. jayspliff1

I had no idea you could change the status. meaning it was probably still showing when i already had the problem solved. valuable info thanks........

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704426

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice