1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Deleting CHK files

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Gary12, Jun 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gary12

Gary12 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I did a search for how to delete .CHK files, but did nto see exact instructions. My computer has been running really slow, in part due to a program that takes up a lot of ram. So I did a disk defrag for the program disk (my hard drive has 4 partitions). When the defrag got done it listed the remaining fragments including a 1.66 GB .CHK file with 233 fragments and and a 2.64 GB .CHK file with 6 fragments. Can someone tell me step by step how to delete those file? I have backed up the computer and it is running fine, just slow with the memory hog program. Hopeing by removing the .CHK files I will free up more room for the ram disk.
    Thank you,
    Gary

2. Gary12

Gary12 Thread Starter

Got it done through Disk Cleanup in System tools.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1058125