Solved: deleting damaged downloaded program files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

beth3773

I am trying to delete an active x file MSN Games - Installer but when I click on File-Remove Program File, nothing happens. I tried to just delete the file and still nothing happens. Im trying to follow instructions from MSN games support because I can no longer play multiplayer online games.

Thanks in advance,
Beth

go to control panel open up Internet options. then click on programs. then click on manage add ons. in there look for that active x file. you can disable it there or delete it . if you cant delete there try disabling it and the go to add and remove to try to delete it.

beth3773

That worked perfectly. Thank you. Unfortunately, it did not fix my ultimate problem. MSN spades still will not load. Maybe you can help me with that, too?

I went back to msn spades after I deleted the software and reinstalled. It still doesn't work. If I click on the properties of the active x program, and then on dependancy, it says 1 file and 0 java. The one file name is * and it says its damaged. I can't figure out how to get a picture of it to send you. Can you help?

Thanks,
Beth

have you tried to update java? if not you can do that in the control panel. what i would do first is uninstall the program your having trouble with and then update java. and then see if that works.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online