1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: dell 1501 inspiron laptop no internet

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by cwags53, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cwags53

cwags53 Thread Starter

I have a Dell 1501 Inspiron. All of a sudden I cannot access the internet via wireless, even though it lists the modem with excellent connection; or via ethernet cable...help

2. Joanyoung

Joanyoung

Try doing a system restore back to before the problem started, see if that helps

start> run> msconfig
    launch system restore, then pick a date in bold , follow prompts
    hopefully this might help

joan

3. aka Brett

aka Brett Banned

Also unplugging modem and or router for a minute or so then plugging back in can solve the issue

then power your pc back up

4. cwags53

cwags53 Thread Starter

Thanks, I have tried everything you have suggested. In fact the system restore told me I could not restore. The commputer says I have excellent connection yet I cannot get into the internet. Could my browser be corrupted

5. Joanyoung

Joanyoung

What browser?

joan

6. Joanyoung

Joanyoung

7. cwags53

cwags53 Thread Starter

Joan, thanks.

I tried the reset option but that did not work either. I hate not being able to figure this one out.

8. Joanyoung

Joanyoung

have you tried what Brett said, try turning off your computer, and your router, leave them off for a few minutes, then power up the router first, wait for all the lights to come on, then power up the computer

joan

9. cwags53

cwags53 Thread Starter

Joan,

Yes, I tried what both you and Brett recommended. The thought occurred to me that my Internet Explorer must be operating in conflict with my Norton Internet Security. I disabled my Nortons. Now I can access the internet. I am going to contact Norton's to figure out why it would conflict with Internet Explorer.

Thank you very much.

10. aka Brett

aka Brett Banned

No problem
    Gad you figured it out.Often times we look for the usual while the solution is still close at hand

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!