1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Dell 1521 Screen wobble

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by StarWolf, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. StarWolf

StarWolf Thread Starter

k ive had my laptop for about a year now, and the screen has becom verrryyyy wobbely. is there any screws that need tightening somewhere?

2. StarWolf

StarWolf Thread Starter

anyone else having this porblem?

3. vistanoob18

vistanoob18

My sister has the same problem and she has about an inch wobble. It's terrible and unfortunately my 1720 is following this pattern. I've heard there are screws under a plate that can be tightened to stop this.

There is also another situation where the screws will be tight and it's just the monitor and there's nothing you can do. I don't know if your computer is the same is mine but I have a little plate above my keyboard I can lift up and that's where my screws are.

4. StarWolf

StarWolf Thread Starter

yah i tried tigtening those screws D:
    didnt work

5. vistanoob18

vistanoob18

that means that it's the second issue unfortunately, I believe. I'm not an expert but I've had a little experience with Dell laptops and unfortunately I don't think there is anyway to fix it. I hope someone chimes in because it's my biggest fear with my computer too.

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    If its not the screws then its likely the hinges. If its those then you'd have to order a new set and replace them which in some case means taking apart not only part of the base but very possibly the screen as well.

7. StarWolf

StarWolf Thread Starter

well that sucks, oh well no big deal just a bit of a wobble XD

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757815

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice