1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Dell 8250 New Graphics Card ( Nvidia 6800 ULTRA)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dbailey18, Aug 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dbailey18

dbailey18 Thread Starter

Having trouble installing new card on Dell 8250.
    After uninstalling the previous card which was an Nvidia AGP card and hopefully all the drivers and maybe some things I should not have and trying to install the new card which is the card above in the subject line I continue to recieve the msg: Graphics Adapter Installed in the system is not compatiable with the current set of drivers. I have no other option on the installation screen of the cd supplied with the new card.
    At the bottom of the main screen next to the words: Installed Graphics Adapter: the box states; (none found ). :confused:

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    When you boot up Windows does it come up with a Found New Hardware Wizard? You must go thru this wizard by clicking NEXT and FINISH, you cannot cancel it or the driver will not install correctly.

Also you should download the latest driver from Nvidia: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_77.77.html

3. dbailey18

dbailey18 Thread Starter

Yes I have went through the new found wizard but it never ask for a restart so i restarted my self and have not installed the drivers from the pny site yet.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Then try the latest Nvidia drivers from the Nvidia site(not PNY).

5. dbailey18

dbailey18 Thread Starter

6. dbailey18

dbailey18 Thread Starter

I would like to thank Triple6 for the help today problem solved .

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/390392

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice