Solved: Dell Inspirion 1420

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Blaqsense

I have a Dell inspirion 1420 with XP SP2 on it and my wife placed the pc into hibernation and now it won't even give any indication of it's trying to boot. I do see the light hit the battery and then it goes away. Any help will be appreciated...I'll check back later.

DoubleHelix

Banned
Unplug it and remove the battery. Then wait a minute, put the battery back in, plug it in, and turn it on.

Blaqsense

I actually tried that earlier and still the same indications is when I press the power button the led's go from power to battery and then it goes away. I'm going to do some googling real quick but if anyone else has any other ideas they're all welcome.

Blaqsense

Solved: I removed the battery and the two memory modules let it sit overnight and when I awoke my wife reinstalled everything and all is working now. Of course hibernation will disabled until I find the root cause. Thanks..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online