1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Dell Inspiron 1100 has no Driver for USB Controller

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stepheny2k2, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stepheny2k2

stepheny2k2 Thread Starter

My copy of Windows became corrupt(due in part with my fiddling within the registry and duplicate files - I know!!!). Everything was backed up, so I reinstalled Windows, and started reinstalling device drivers.

I no longer have the original Drivers Disc so have downloaded the needed drivers. The recommended driver from Dell (and other locations online) for my chipset does not install the USB Controller required for my system. The Device Manager claims - "The drivers for this device are not installed".

I have a Dell Inspiron 1100 with an Intel I845GL chipset.

This problem has occurred previously and I found a different driver which solved the problem but I did not save it to the replacement Driver disc I created.

------------
    Dell website - only available download for my model

Intel Mobile Chipset

Release Date: 27/02/2003
    Version: 4.20.1006, A02

Link to driver: http://ftp.us.dell.com/chipset/R50830.EXE

------------

It installs without issue but the USB controller is not installed.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Tech Support Guy has been fantastic for me in the past.

Steve

Attached Files:

2. stepheny2k2

Please, anybody?

Very few problems stump the Tech Support Guy Community!

3. stepheny2k2

Problem Solved - Disable the USB Controller from within the Device Manager and then reinstall the Chipset Driver(link above).

After restart, the USB controller should be recognised and the annoying yellow exclamation point disappears.

Through all my web searches, it appears this is a more common problem than I realised, but there was still no fix! Hopefully this will help anyone who has struggled with this issue!

Stepheny2k2

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Actually, you should uninstall the USB controller then restart your computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753527

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice