1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Dell Inspiron 530S won't turn on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RhondaLee1, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RhondaLee1

RhondaLee1 Thread Starter

Hi. My Dell Inspiron 530S won't turn on. The green light by the power cord connection in the back lights up, but when I push the power button, nothing happens. No beeps or flashing colors, nothing happens at all. I have Windows Vista Home edition. The computer is between 2 to 3 years old. I just purchased Winferno Registry Power cleaner last week and after running it, the computer seemed to be faster. This same issue happened last week (before running Winferno) and we unplugged the power cord from the back of the PC for about 5 minutes and after we plugged it back in, it came on. Everything was working beautifully and then my son got on it and it kept freezing up. I didn't have time to look at it right then, so he did a proper shut down thinking that may resolve the issue. But the next morning, when I push the power button, nothing happens. We tried the unplugging again, even for an hour. But no matter what we do, it won't come on. I am not computer illiterate, but not an expert either. I think this may be a power supply issue, but would appreciate some feedback, before I purchase one. Thanks for any assitance.

2. captainron276

captainron276 Ron

Sure sounds like a PSU gone bad.
    Get a refund on this Registry program as it will trash your Operating System sooner then later.

Please consider this?

3. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

Installing and using these type of programs can break Windows and break programs and generate error/warning messages and wreak havoc with a computer. (n)

Never ever use them, no matter what they claim they can do.

It's my guess that Windows has been trashed, but it may also be a power supply or some other hardware issue.

-----------------------------------------------------------

4. RhondaLee1

Thank you very much. I did not know this and never used one before. I will work on getting a refund and will remove it from my PC, if I ever get it to turn back on. So you think that if I replace the power supply, it will fix the computer?

5. captainron276

captainron276 Ron

Do you by chance have a local computer shop you could take it in for a check out? Or someone who has a PSU that they could use to check out your computer? It's hard to tell exactly what is the problem without being there to check it out.

6. flavallee

Good luck with getting a refund. :(

--------------------------------------------------------

7. RhondaLee1

I understand. I found one on e-bay for only $32, I think I will buy it and put it in and then if not fixed go from there. I don't have anyone to check it out or a PSU that I could borrow to check it.

8. captainron276

captainron276 Ron

The one you are getting on ebay, was it the 300W ? I tried looking for a good one; but being that it is a slimline type, they are more than likely proprietary in nature.

9. RhondaLee1

Yes, but I sent the seller an email to see if it would be compatible. My owner's manual says mine is 250 watt. I found another one, for $69 plus $8.95 shipping. So the ebay is a lot better deal. Do you think it would work. If it helps my Service tag is 9QPRNH1.

Thanks so much for your help.

10. captainron276

captainron276 Ron

The 300W is fine. I would go with that one.

11. RhondaLee1

Thank you, I ordered it. I will let you know if this resolves the issue after we receive and install it. Is there anyway to give you credit for helping me?

12. captainron276

captainron276 Ron

No need as we are all just here to help out when we can :) Hope this takes care of it, and be sure to update this thread with the good news :)

13. flavallee

14. RhondaLee1

15. captainron276

captainron276 Ron

Sounds good and glad you received your refund :)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1091582