Solved: Dell Inspiron 6400 display driver plz

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chefdimo

I have a Dell Inspiron 6400. I can't find any display drivers for it on dell website. the default driver by winxp gives me resolutions of 800 x 600 and 1024 x 768.

Can anyone help me get the right and a better resolution? thnx

Dell lists several video options for a 6400. If you don't know which particular video card yours has then you can just try each until you get the correct one. (if you try installing a driver for a card that isn't there it will tell you). I'd suggest starting with the Intel first then the ATI .. if neither of those work try the nVidia.. Go here to get them..
http://support.dell.com/support/dow...SPIRONI6400/E1505&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid= click the plus beside the video list at the bottom.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online