1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Dell Inspiron 6400 Motherboard model?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tarheelmed02, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tarheelmed02

tarheelmed02 Thread Starter

Hello all. Pretty simple question. Quick back story, have a 2006 Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop...was not charging battery... technician said it's not a DC jack issue (he put in a new one)...it is the section of the motherboard where the DC jack is that does not "know" when the adapter is plugged in.

So with that said, I want to take a crack at replacing the motherboard (I know I am crazy). Is there a specific model # of a motherboard that I need to look up or how does that work? If a model # is needed, where would that info be located. I am hoping the info is not in the laptop because it's dead. Thank you for your help...

2. pip22

pip22

3. tarheelmed02

tarheelmed02 Thread Starter

awesome! Thanks pip22 for the information. I shall look it up now that I have a road map.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1042446