1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: dell inspiron e1505 isatap / wifu

Discussion in 'Networking' started by racerx88, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. racerx88

racerx88 Thread Starter

So the isatap adapter had a yellow! . I uninstalled then reinstalled. It shows up under hidden devices. Mr fix it was no help as it tried
    s to called home. Stil not ableto connect to wifi. Tapping this out on my smartphone. Ipconfig shows all media disconnected. Winows vista.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Are you able to connect by ethernet?

Have you ever been able to connect by Wi-fi to this network? To any network?

3. racerx88

racerx88 Thread Starter

Yes. I was able to connect via wifi. I upgraded the router and connected fine. The next day this trouble. Ethernet doesn't work either at this point.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Could be a firewall blocking. What firewall or security suite do you have?

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or 7.

Start - All Programs - Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

5. racerx88

racerx88 Thread Starter

I reset the tcp ip stack using the instructions. I got a green screen during reboot
    The nalat adapter still hasn't come back despite legacy reinstall and reboot. Still unable to connect. I am using win firewall.

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I don't understand "nalat adapter" and "legacy reinstall."

When you plug in the ethernet cable does the LED come on? Do you get "Media disconnected"? Or IP of 169.254.x.y or 0.0.0.0?

7. racerx88

racerx88 Thread Starter

I connected to router via a cable. That port lication is blinking. Checking ip config i see:wireless lan disconnected
    Ethernet adapter local area conne tion wireless. Tunnel. Adapter 10 disconnected. Tunnel adapter 11 has no dns suffix but does have ipv6. Tunnel adapter 14 media disconnected. Wireless.

8. racerx88

racerx88 Thread Starter

I am connected via ethernet.

9. racerx88

racerx88 Thread Starter

This has been resolved. I downloaded an upgrade for the DELL WLAN driver from the suppport.dell website and installed it. WiFi now works again.

10. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You can mark this solved using the [​IMG] button at the upper left of the page.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!