Solved: Dell Ispiron 531

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
Look in setup for an option to disable the floppy drive.
This may be referring to your HDD.
Have you set the BIOS to boot from the CD?

Unfortunately this looks like your hard drive is shot. You did not say if you set your boot priority in BIOS to boot from the CD.

Do you have a Maxtor diagnostic CD to check out your hard drive?

What did you try?
Did the CD work previously?
Did you disable floppy seek?

In most of the Dells I have worked on to get rid of the floppy drive seek message you have to turn the floppy drive OFF in BIOS. I've had machine where just disable did not work.

yowill

What did you try?
Did the CD work previously?
Did you disable floppy seek?
I disabled the floppy and the CD previously worked. Disabling the floppy help me get to the current screen, but can't get the cd in the cd-rom to be recognized.

This is an odd message, as "seek" usually refers to a floppy, but Drive 0 is your HDD.
Set the boot order to CD/DVD first and try again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online