1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Dell XPS 15

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bbgarnett, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bbgarnett

bbgarnett Thread Starter

Hello,

My brother got a new Core I7 XPS 15 with windows 7 and well it had dead pixel and then started having some other problems so they ended up sending him a new one and told him he had 10 days to get all of his data off/transferred. So he did but how do I reset the laptop or set it back to it's factory state like it came when it first arrived,It did not come with any discs.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. bbgarnett

bbgarnett Thread Starter

OK thank you very much I had made a repair disc but it never had the data safe restore option. But pressing F8 and going through that way gave me that option so it looks like it's working.

Thanks again,

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    (y) thanks for letting us know

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085544

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice