Solved: Dell XPS L702X Windows 7 HP Blue screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

25pookey

Dell XPS L702X Windows 7 home premium Blue screen mini dump
Laptop keeps crashing with Blue screen with following message
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1a
BCP1: 0000000000041287
BCP2: 0000000000000030
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Have carried out Dell solution for windows locks up as follows with no improvement including a system restore to before I believe the problems started.
 Search for Error Codes
 Run a Computer Diagnostic
 Run Routine System Maintenance
 Update Drivers
 Update Windows
 Uninstall, Reinstall and Update Software
 Look for Multiple Antivirus Programs
 Check for Malware
 Use System Restore
 Run a Full Computer Diagnostic
 Reinstall Microsoft Windows

Any suggestions for possible solutions before I carry out restore to factory settings?

Have you recently added new hardware or software that coincides with the errors you are having?

25pookey

I have added Autocad 2012 software which they reckon have no compatibility problems, and I have not used them. When I go to uninstall or change a program for information on what programmes have been updated etc it does not differentiate between updates and new programmes but I think it was just these.

Just because you have not run ACAD does not mean that there are no processes from it running in the background. If this was the only thing installed and you started having issues right after that I would start by removing AutoCAD.

25pookey

Seems to be working okay with the software removed I will continue to monitor.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online