1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] desktop architect problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jett_30032, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jett_30032

jett_30032 Thread Starter

I can't change the theme on my desktop. everytime I chose a theme and hit apply the thing does nothing. the arrow is showing wait but nothing happens. only the icons are loaded.

2. pvc9

pvc9

I dont have DA installed right now, but I've used it for a long time. What theme are you loading actually? Did you download it? If yes, may be the download isnt complete, re-download the file and see if that helps.

Hope all the other boxes are selected/checked in the Settings tab. I'm just guessing only the Desktop Icons is checked and that is why you dont see other changes when you apply a different theme.

Check the Settings tab, select/check all the boxes, apply a new theme and see how that works!

3. jett_30032

thanks for the reply

all of the boxes are checked and the themes are the windows installed themes. I was using a Westwood GDI theme for a while now whem I try to change it I can't. I have deleted everything refering to this theme and manually changed the wallpaper.

4. jett_30032

I have found it is not Desktop Architect thats the problem. the problem is I can't change the display appearance from any window including control panel.

5. jett_30032

I will post this in software to see if I can find help there.

6. Jtoast

Jtoast

have you tried reinstalling your video drivers?

and for future reference, request to have your post moved.....dont start a new thread.

7. jett_30032

Haven't tried that yet. didn't think that would cause the problem

8. jett_30032

Thanks Jtoast

I did update the drivers and it works fine now. Don't really know what happened because I haven't changed anything'

anyway thanks
    Problem solved

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116019

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice