Solved: Desktop as Toolbar?!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ron the Geek

Another easy one for somebody out there... Instead of icons appearing ON my desktop, I have a toolbar which has all of the desktop icons on it. I want to return it to "normal." In addition, My Computer has been renamed to some weird number (probably a network designation in it's past life) and with only 128 mg of RAM and a 6 gb (that's no typo, six gigabyte) harddrive, we shouldn't even have this machine. But what's done is done,... how can I fix this desktop thing? Thanks!
RTG :eek:

Can you move the shortcuts from the Tool Bar to the desktop, then delete the toolbar?

Ron the Geek

Thought that was a good idea but it wouldn't let me do it. It probably is something simple like that, though.

Ron the Geek

Knew it was probably something simple. Right clicked on the desktop and selected "Arrange Icons By" and from that menu, "Show Desktop Icons" and that did it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online