1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Desktop Background in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by patrikspongh40, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. patrikspongh40

patrikspongh40 Thread Starter

Seriously how do you change the background or wallpaper in windows 7, It's no where to be found.

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

If you have one you want to use, right click and select Set as Background . . otherwise, right click on any empty spot on the desktop and select "Personalize"

3. patrikspongh40

I wish it was that easy, when you right click on the picture there's no option for set as background, no personlize either.

4. Old Rich

Old Rich

Do you have the Basic version? . . it does not allow background changes

5. patrikspongh40

I guess that must be the case. Is there anyway around this? That's just stupid!

6. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

No it is not stupid, you get what you pay for, The Basic Version is a stripped down bottom of the line.
    Look in your "System Information" as it will tell you what version you have.

7. patrikspongh40

Thanks for the insight, I didn't know that. I didn't pick out the computer or OS if I had though I wouldn't of known this either. I checked it's 199.00 to upgrade to professional, :(,:(:(

8. Old Rich

Old Rich

You would only have to upgrade to Home Premium to get that option

9. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

I have no problem changing the Desktop background on Vista Home Basic, or using the Set as Background option.

Check this article, follow the steps under Method Two to enable the Desktop Background option on the Personalize screen and to enable the Set as Background option when you right click on an image.

It may have been disabled in the registry.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/891096