Solved: desktop icons all open same program

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

stormbull

Suddenly. my caps lock on my keyboard works in complete reverse. with the "caps lock" on all of the letters are in small caps and when it is off all of the letters are in large caps. also my shift keys do not work. With the caps lock on the periods and commas give me "larger than" and "smaller than"><. the only way to get a period is to go to the "numeric keyboard.

also I can"t reset the cursor> when I try to go back to an earlier place< it highlights the words>

in my folders< I am unable to choose only one file> When I click on a file< it highlights every file from the beginning of the list to the one I have chosen>

I

stormbull

suddenly when i click on any icon on my desktop i have opened the recycle bin> i did receive some message that the computer had moved my c drive to the c drive because i had removed a removable disk>

i have tried to restore my computer to two previous restoration points but this has not helped at all>

i have no idea what has happened and no idea how to correct it>

as you can see by the typing< i am also having problems with my keyboard not responding to my planned actions

i have also posted a question under keyboard problems

stormbull

This is to let everyone know that I have solved the problem. Although I had rebooted several times while trying to resolve it, nothing worked until I disconnected the keyboard and then let the computer find it and install it again. Everything is back to normal....... except me.

stormbull

stormbull said:
suddenly when i click on any icon on my desktop i have opened the recycle bin> i did receive some message that the computer had moved my c drive to the c drive because i had removed a removable disk>

i have tried to restore my computer to two previous restoration points but this has not helped at all>

i have no idea what has happened and no idea how to correct it>

as you can see by the typing< i am also having problems with my keyboard not responding to my planned actions

i have also posted a question under keyboard problems
The problem has been solved. After trying many ways and rebooting several times, I finally resolved the problem by disconnecting the keyboard, rebooting and let the computer find it and correct whatever was wrong with it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online