[SOLVED] Desktop not display fully,, wide line on left

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

shilo999

Wow... what a day... sorry guys/gals I was off today.,..
I did get over to her
house last evening and got a screen dump... will upload it on Monday... had to just print out the screen and will scan it and
upload the image... problems problems... no I should say challenges rite... no floppies... bummer...
Tried almost everything else you guys/gals suggested... no luck
desktop under "web": is not locked...
a strange thing,,, when I went into Control Panel and tried to open the Folders... no matter what it would not open.

This is crazy... just a young kid messing around on the desktop,
can't remember what he did... and me a grown person, can't figure it out... ha..!

Anyway,,, I promise I will continue this thread early Monday AM
and I will show you all exactly what I am talking about... I really appreciate all your help!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.!!! Its raining here!!! NM

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
In Alamagordo, you can't have sunshine all the time :D

Hiya

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Well thats got me stumped.
Looks like another menu/toolbar thats been accidentally added.
Too lazy to check previous posts so apologies if this has been tried. Right click on the taskbar and click toolbars. Are there any other toolbars you don't recognise with a tick next to them? If so untick it/them.

If this doesn't work then the best I can offer is this:

Do you have a broadband connection?
If so, I'm happy to connect up using net meeting on the internet to see if I can resolve the issue.

Email me if you have broadband and would like to do this.

Ciao

Pileyrei :p

[email protected]

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Can you grab the tool bar on the side and try dragging it to the bottom?

shilo999

pileyrei... thanks for the offer,, but shes on dialup.. also we have tried the taskbar stuff.

AcaCandy...

no response whatsoever when I try to click and drag. Yes... if I click on the "Folder Tasks, Other Places or Details",, I get drop down menus. However when I click anywhere else on the "darn " bar... I get nothing...:confused:

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
The little arrows down by the time don't do anything either?

If you can wait an hour, I'll be able to get my sticky mitts on an XP machine and I'll have a play :D

(I haven't got one in the office at the moment :eek: )

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Originally posted by putasolution:
If you can wait an hour, I'll be able to get my sticky mitts on an XP machine and I'll have a play :D

(I haven't got one in the office at the moment :eek: )

Next new thread by putasolution:

Help, my desktop has a wide line :p :p

shilo999

AcaCandy... nope.. nothing having to do with our "Bar"

I'll be here all day putasolution....

thanks again everyone...!!!

shilo999

Putasolution...

Sounds great... I have downloaded the file and
will try it this evening. From reading the link... it sounds like you hit it right on the head!! I will let you guys know in the am.

thanks bunchs again!!!

shilo999

Putasolution!!!

Hurray for you!!! You were right on with your advice/link. I ran the executable and rebooted and wallah.... the annoying line is GONE!!! Warm fuzzie for you my friend,,, and thanks to everyone for your help & input... we're all betta now!!!

What a great site!!!

Shilo

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
So pas, how do you think it got changed? Were you able to replicate it?????? Waaaaaaaaaaaa, I wanna try :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts