1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: desktop turned sideways

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by osha, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. osha

osha Thread Starter

Help please - I've got xp and I was trying to get out of a non responding download by
    using alt/control/del and my desktop turned sideways on the screen and this has
    happened to me before , but I can't remember how to get back to normal , plus the
    taskbar is too fat and won't minimize down-any help appreciated.......thanks

2. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    Usually, the way to get it back to normal is to press Ctrl+Alt+Up button (usually associated with video card software).

Just to note: Ctrl+Alt+Down button will flip it upside-down, Ctrl+Alt+Left button will rotate it anti-clockwise, and Ctrl+Alt+Right button will rotate it clockwise.

If it doesn't work, let us know.

3. osha

osha Thread Starter

thanks much -that did it-basic stuff i never learned about my computer i guess. I appreciate
    the tip........osha

4. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    It's not a trick everybody knows. But it is fun to play with once you do know it (especially with other people who don't know it...).

Gotta have some fun in your life...:cool:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!