Solved: desktop turned sideways

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

osha

Help please - I've got xp and I was trying to get out of a non responding download by
using alt/control/del and my desktop turned sideways on the screen and this has
happened to me before , but I can't remember how to get back to normal , plus the
taskbar is too fat and won't minimize down-any help appreciated.......thanks

techkid

David
Usually, the way to get it back to normal is to press Ctrl+Alt+Up button (usually associated with video card software).

Just to note: Ctrl+Alt+Down button will flip it upside-down, Ctrl+Alt+Left button will rotate it anti-clockwise, and Ctrl+Alt+Right button will rotate it clockwise.

If it doesn't work, let us know.

osha

thanks much -that did it-basic stuff i never learned about my computer i guess. I appreciate
the tip........osha

techkid

David
It's not a trick everybody knows. But it is fun to play with once you do know it (especially with other people who don't know it...).

Gotta have some fun in your life...:cool:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online