1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Desktop won't boot?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rklimek76, May 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rklimek76

Rklimek76 Thread Starter

I've been running a desktop I put together about a year ago and had no problems was interested in checking fan speeds etc. so I downloaded the Asus AI Suite II as the mobo is an Asus. So I got through the download and then it prompted for me to reboot. Computer shut off and started back up however it never booted as far as I could tell. All fans are running, green light on the mobo, everything seems fine except I'm not getting anything on the monitor.

2. Rklimek76

Rklimek76 Thread Starter

Opened the case fiddled with the wires to the HDD, GPU etc. Then I unplugged everything for about a half hour and plugged it all back in one by one after the computer was on plugging the display in last and lo and behold it worked.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147576

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice