Solved: Desperate...please help...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

InfernoReaper

I think it was about 5 days ago when i first noticed this.
Usually on my right click menu for audio and video, i have an option of "Play with Media Player" Well it disappeared and for 5 days I've searched about every search engine i could think of and i finally decided to come to the sanctuary.

Every website I've been to talks about changing registry keys and values to remove the item from the list. I however want it back and have no idea how. I almost sure it has to do with the shell.

Ive tried reinstalling Media Player 10 and and just about out of ideas.

If it helps, I am running Windows XP Media Center.

Thanks for the help

WMP >Tools > Options > File Types.
Be sure the files you want WMP to play are associated with it.

InfernoReaper

My mistake. I should have been more specific.

I know how to do that but I have better programs for most of my media and I prefer to keep those media types associated with those programs for ease of use.
I just wanted the option on the menu so I could quickly access a file if need should arise.
And I am also well aware of the "Open With..." submenu, but I prefer to not use it because it takes too long.

For any future responders, I know I am able to go into Folder Options and set the shell extension on there, but there are just too many file types I use the shortcut for. It would takes hours that way.

Sorry if I seem picky, I was just really used to that and I want it back

Yay post 1200

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online