1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Desperation with Access 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Dana557, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dana557

Dana557 Thread Starter

Hi All! (Happy New Year!) I have a tremendous problem and I have wasted far too long trying to figure it out and to be honest am worried about my job. (Ultimately I will have more of a BSA position which I am very experienced in, but for first have to complete some VBA type stuff)

I have a database that collect resource's time sheets with all sorts of data from what project they worked on to home many hours on what date...I have created in the HomePage form the basics from start date to end date (selected by report runner) and the different report button such as by manager name or vertical lead or source team. I am having problem creating a report that is selected by Dates and Manager (that part works perfect-gathers all the necessary data) but the report also needs to include the number of work days in the selected period (which I have a countofworkdays in a query but can't attach it to the control box) also I will be including in the report for the resource names under the manager the total days missed (have it and works great) if they have never submitted a time sheet, or if they have always submitted a time sheet.

I had planned on using IIf statements for both after I got the CountOfWorkDate to appear in the Report as I could (simply?) compare Days Missed which I have to the Total CountOfWorkDate.

Why can't I get the Total CountOfWorkDate to appear in the report? I've tried everything from simply pointing it to the qry that has it (I get Name?) to using a DLookup (no response) tried to write Case Statements and handle all three fields...and so on.

Please help! I spent all last night and now most of today as well as the last week and a half day not to mention the last week everyday and when I get home at night! :confused::confused::confused:

2. OBP

OBP

Dana557, welcome to the Forum and Happy New Year to you.
    Without seeing the database it is a bit difficult to advise you, does the query correctly display the "Total CountOfWorkDate"?
    If so you could create a separate Report based on the query with just that value plus the key field and then add it to the Main Report as a Subreport.

3. Dana557

Dana557 Thread Starter

After I put this question up I figured out a way. I was pulling the data from the Manager select query and putting to the form to be selected before placing on the report. I figured I had much the same situation and thought perhaps doing the same might be a work-around. Pulling the number of worked days to the form and then from the form to the report which sounds very much like what you are saying and it does work!

I am not happy using it this way and will keep on working on it though I will let it go for now as I have a new report to do. (Of course!)

Thank you for your very timely response! I guanrantee I will put up more questions in the near future as I am no expert but alas my mind keeps working on the answer the whole time and figures it out from a different perspective!

THANK YOU AGAIN and BEST WISHES FOR 2013!!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083261

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice