1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: despertly in need of help with my dvd burner

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by sianna2, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sianna2

sianna2 Thread Starter

Hi All

I'm having a bad hair day with my laptop. My motherboard fried last week and I had it replaced. Since then my samsung cdrw/dvd sn-324f drive has stopped reading dvdr's. I've tried to burn a dvd, and it wont read a blank dvdr as there. I get a message saying "no disk" etc. Cdr's are fine. I bought verbatim and tdk dvdr's just to see if it was the disks. I tried deleting the drive and rebooting, I tried downloading xvid but no change, I cant find a driver cause the samsung site says it uses windows drivers, I tried downloading a dvd player(avs) , I downloaded IMGBURN, and now I'm tempted to throw it out a window...lol....I just want to be able to burn dvd's, avi's and photos etc. Now when I tried to save avi's to my desktop it fails and says there's an MS DOS problem. What have I done?...If there is anyone who can help me, I'd be so grateful. I dont have the money to get it checked by pros. Do you think my dvd burner was fried and beyond repair? Is it a software sounding thing or do you have any ideas.....

Help me Obi wan.....PPLLLEEEAAASSSEEEE......

2. briealeida

briealeida

Can you watch a DVD?

3. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Doesn't look like that particular drive can burn DVDs.

I found some information from a Google cache of a page on the Samsung web site:

SN-324F

Slim COMBO Drive
    24X Slim COMBO Drive.
    CD-Write 24X / CD-Rewirte 24X / DVD-Read 8X / CD-Read 24X.

Features

COMBO Drive combines CD-RW and DVD-ROM Drive into one mechanism
    Buffer Under Run Free Technology
    Ultra Speed Rewrite 24X
    Multi-Read: DVD-RAM, DVD-R, DVD-RW discs read
    Supports Mt.Rainier​

EDIT: If you are very sure that you were able to burn DVDs on your laptop before you had the motherboard replaced, I would suggest you talk to the people that replaced the motherboard and ask if they also replaced the CD/DVD drive.

4. sianna2

sianna2 Thread Starter

Thank you for looking it up and finding the specs on the drive I have. I should have put two and two together when it read cd-r's, but not dvd-r's. My father(a programmer) gave me the laptop when he upgraded, and even he didnt realise that the burner was only cd-r. At least now I can stop fretting over fixing a problem that isnt so much a problem.

I appreciate the help.......
    Big hugs..........

5. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Glad to help out. (y)

As the original poster, you can keep our moderators happy by marking this topic Solved" in the thread tools menu above your first post.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593528

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice