1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Detecting Array......SATA

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by renegade X, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. renegade X

renegade X Thread Starter

Hi all. After the POST, my computer hangs for too long, displaying "Detecting Array....". I have RAID disabled in the BIOS. Am I going to have to live with this? I think it does not do it when I disconnect my IDE HDDs.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Does the motherboard have multiple RAID controllers? Ie. Parallel and SATA RAID, or multiple SATA RAID controllers?

3. renegade X

I have four SATA controllers. Not sure what you mean by RAID controllers though.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    The hard drive(s) you have connected, are you sure they work. If they are PATA IDE drives, amke sure they are jumpered correctly, the same goes for CD/DVD drives.

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  6. renegade X

I checked the mobo and the scematics in the manual, but I see nothing that looks like a RAID controller. Well, the only RAID controllers that I have ever seen have been on Dell and HP server boxes, so I guess I would'nt know it if I saw it.

The motherboard that you have a link for is a different model, although I can not see any differeneces. My motherboard is not a Platinum. It does have the same RAID controller though; Silicon Image SATARAID5.

When I remove the cables from the IDE controllers, "Detecting Array" no longer appears. On IDE1 I have a CDROM and a DVD Burner (SLAVE & MASTER, no CS). On IDE2 I have a HDD.

What sucks is how SUPER FAST this thing boots up since I finally went to SATA. I just wish I can get the same results with my IDE in tact. Maybe Rolling Rog will come riding in here. Or Johnwill.

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    So what happens if you try disconnecting only one IDE device at a time? Its likely only one of the drives thats causing the issue.

8. renegade X

TRIPE 6 I found it right away. My primary IDE channel has the HDD and it still had the jumper on it, set to Master. I removed it and OMG this thing boots so fast.

Thanks for workin with me on this. Sorry for the delay.(y)

After 3 years I still can not find the "solved" option. Someone wanna assist? I thought it was in the top left.

9. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Is it under Thread Tools?

10. renegade X

Sure is. Thanx. Guess I should start topics more often.:D

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/483164

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice