1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: DeviantART not loading (on any browser)

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Ashlmet, Apr 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ashlmet

Ashlmet Thread Starter

Greetings!

I'm currently having problems with the DeviantART page on every browser. The loading time is exponentially long, and at first this was the issue I had:

[​IMG]

which devolved into this:

[​IMG]

...in the course of about a day. This is a problem in all of my web browsers, and I've tried deleting cookies, re-installing java (which won't work in chrome, but it doesn't fix the other browsers either), resetting the Wifi, and restarting my computer multiple times.Other social sites like Facebook, Tumblr, and Youtube work fine.

In asking other people in the area (with different Wifi routers) I learned that their DeviantART is working fine.

I get the same problem when trying to connect from my smartphone. The only time the page will load on the phone is when I disconnect it from the Wifi and use only my data plan.

So- I suppose the problem is in my Wifi setup itself, but short of restarting it I have no idea what to do. With that being said, I'm also not sure why the problem is affecting only DeviantART.

I'd love to get some insight on this and learn a new trick or two! Thank you so much for the help in advance!

-Ash

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Can you get to http://www.deviantart.com/ ?
    If not, what appears in the address bar after .com/ ?

Because your first screen shot has ?section=&global=1&q=

mine ends with browse/all/

3. renegade600

renegade600

boot to safemode with network and see if it loads faster.

4. Ashlmet

Ashlmet Thread Starter

plodr:
    The same thing happens when going through your link into DeviantART

[​IMG]

renegade600:
    I'll try the safemode booting right now.

5. Ashlmet

Ashlmet Thread Starter

Safemode with Networking enabled is still showing the same jumbled page.

6. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Change the DNS in your router. Be sure to write down the old DND so if you switch back, you'll know what has to go there.Perhaps whatever DNS server is being accessed has a corrupted cache.
    Try Open DNS: 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220
    or google 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

7. Ashlmet

Ashlmet Thread Starter

Do I type these numbers in Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) "General" tab? Right now its current setting is obtaining the DNS automatically.

In trying to use the command prompt to find my current DNS setup, there are a lot of similar numbers, Do I write down the IPv4 Address and the Subnet Mask, or because my current settings are 'automatic,' do I not have to worry about it?

(just making sure in case this goes wrong, thank you so much for continuing to help!)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146905

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice