1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Device is not present,not working properly, or does not have all of its drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tinabrook, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tinabrook

Tinabrook Thread Starter

Diagnostic report: a device has a config prob that prevents it working properly.
    The device Microsoft PS/2 Mouse is reporting "tv-ConfigMgrErr24" this device will not be available until the issue is resolved. The plug and play ID for this device is ACP1\PNP0F03\4-1D01FCF-0

Resolution 1. Verify the correct driver is installed
    2. Try updating the drivers using windows update
    3. Check with the manufacturer for an updated driver
    4. Attempt to uninstall and then reinstall the device using Device Manager

My problem is- I don't know how to verify (new to windows 7) this is new pc. mouse & keyboard came
    with pack .I installed as shown (disc for keyboard) both wireless(mouse & keyboard)Seems to be working ok. But have this message on diagnostic check. Cannot find info on maufacturer to check for update. Device manager does not show the mouse at all! Do not know how to update drivers using windows update. Feeling a bit stupid..

2. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

You probably didn't need to install he drivers, they may not be compatible with Windows 7 and may be causing the issue. Try uninstalling the drivers or software that you installed.

3. Tinabrook

Tinabrook Thread Starter

Device manager shows it is up to date and working properly,The software I uninstalled, made no difference. All seems to be fine. It is just the diagnostic report. I am reluctant to try uninstalling the driver as I am not sure how I re-install it if I need to.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

Where are you seeing this diagnostic report?

5. Tinabrook

Tinabrook Thread Starter

In control panel adv tools - generate a system health report

6. Tinabrook

Tinabrook Thread Starter

I am still trying out windows 7 to try and familiarise what is what. I used xp before

7. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

Your new set is USB correct? So there would be no PS2 keyboard or mouse connected. I think its more of a glitch then real problem, the computer thinks that a PS2 or Keyboard should be present when in fact it doesn't exist.

See if this resolves it, in Device Manager, click on View across the top, then click on "Show Hidden Devices". You may now see a PS2 keyboard or mouse listed, uninstall these.

8. Tinabrook

Tinabrook Thread Starter

Spot on! You got it! Thankyou.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921509