1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Difficulty deleting material: keyboard ? mouse ?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by l1fel0ng, Jan 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. l1fel0ng

l1fel0ng Thread Starter

I have a new Logitech wireless keyboard|mouse combo, given to me as a present. Had it since xmas.
    Finding that deleting stuff is becoming infuriating. Back-spacing, sometimes. Several other functions that won't come to mind because it's very early and I'm bloody old.
    I figure it's something to do with one or other of these two when I find that I have to repeat the keystroke to achieve what I want to do. Especially delete ! - sometimes I have to go away from trying to delete an email, then return to it before I can be rid of it !
    Also, I find the keyboard extraordinarily sensitive: before I had it, I never had problems as I now do with letters I didn't type appearing in my text. I mean, of course, that I didn't MEAN to type them: but my fingers must be brushing over them and the keyboard 'reads' them as never before.

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I won a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse combo quite a few years ago. I ended up hating the keyboard. I use only the wireless mouse and have for years.

Try using just the mouse and plug in your old keyboard. Life is too short (I'm a senior citizen) to be wasting time letting hardware frustrate you. Simply tell the gift giver, if asked, that you prefer your old keyboard.

3. l1fel0ng

l1fel0ng Thread Starter

Fills me with gloom, that, Liz. :-(
    I don't think I can possibly replace it: it was given to me by my CLEANER ! - a most kind and generous person, he is. I'd sink into the ground to have to tell him of its problems.
    But if I can't fix 'em, I might give it to him to test - THERE's an idea ! [grin]
    Many thanks for taking the time to reply !

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Sounds like a splendid way out. If he has problems then you know it is the keyboard.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!