1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] digital camera won't install

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by linda_jb, Feb 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. linda_jb

linda_jb Thread Starter

Hi,

I have a new Panasonic Lumix DMC-F7 digital camera that I cannot install.
    When I try to click on the USB driver off manufacturer's CD the computer tells me it already has USB driver. Then when I click on the software which I could install of the CD(Panasonic SD Viewer 1.1 for DSC), it comes up "there is no supported memory card".

I just can't seem to get the computer to recognize the camera. I formatted the memory card in the camera as stated in the troubleshooting section of the manual. I'm at a loss. Any ideas or am I missing something.
    Thanks

I have a new computer
    Intel Pentium 2.4
    60GB
    512M
    WindowsXP
    Canon Printer & Scanner

2. Tonedeaf

Tonedeaf

i had the same problem with my Kodak digital cam a few weeks ago. The proprietary software was the cause of it oddly enough. After I uninstalled the software that came with it and installed Adobe Photo it works great.

3. simonkeeps

simonkeeps It's My Birthday!

Yes try that because XP should plug & play it
    automatically.

4. linda_jb

linda_jb Thread Starter

Thanks

Found the problem. I'm new to XP and just wasn't too sure what I was doing. Very happy with camera quality.

5. johnrox

johnrox

Hello Linda_JB
    I have only just found your post 2002 regarding your Lumix camera not loading. Then you state 'Solved' I have the same camera and trouble. How did you solve it?
    Thanks
    Johnrox

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!