Solved: Digital Videos

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

2journey

I used to be able to playback digital videos downloaded from Youtube and those that I have made myself with Windows Media Player. Now, many of those videos won't playback on Media Player and I get get a message informing me of some sort of code problem.

texasbullet

Ramon
You may want to convert the videos by using any free video converters in the internet and convert them into mpeg-2 or whatever format you like.

Oddba11

Jim
As noted above, ensure the files will playback using a standalone media player such as VLC or MPC.

If they are playable in another player, then open one of the files using MediaInfo and post a screenshot so that we can see what codecs are needed.

>> https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

2journey

My videos used to playback in VLC and MPC, however not any more. I have tried converting and all I get is an error coding message.

Oddba11

Jim
If the videos don't playback in any player, the files are likely corrupted. VLC, MPC and WMP (Windows Media Player) do not use the same codec installations, so that rules out a media player/codec issue.

Also, since the files won't convert and you get an error, would also seem to indicate the files are corrupt.

Again, MediaInfo should provide file information.

2journey

Is there a way to fix the corrupted files? At one time, the files were playable.

Oddba11

Jim
Depends on what is actually wrong with them, but likely not. VLC can typically play corrupt or partial files. As the files won't open with VLC, they are likely toast.

2journey

Once digital files are corrupted, it's gone. It's important to keep at least 2 copies of digital files. I found an external drive containing all of my corrupted files before they were corrupted. OMG!!! I also totally forgot about my collection of flash drives. Invest in more than 1 large space external storage drive because those drives can get corrupted...personal experience.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online