1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Disable a wireless connection

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by rbuck, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbuck

rbuck Thread Starter

I recently bought a laptop computer and connected it via a wireless connection to my desktop. I tested it out and all was well. I now want to sell the laptop and make sure it can not use my internet connection. How can I be sure the buyer can't access my internet wireless portal? I use Century Link and run windows 7 on a Q1000 Actiontec modem. I want to avoid setting the laptop back to the factory settings if I can.

Sorry to seem so dense but this is my first shot at using a second unit on a wireless modem.

Rbuck

2. valis

valis Moderator

You don't have anything to worry about. They wireless modem will find the nearest signal to connect to; for instance, let's say you travel to Alaska; you will connect to the hotel wireless, NOT your home wireless.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088722

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice