Solved: Disable a wireless connection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rbuck

I recently bought a laptop computer and connected it via a wireless connection to my desktop. I tested it out and all was well. I now want to sell the laptop and make sure it can not use my internet connection. How can I be sure the buyer can't access my internet wireless portal? I use Century Link and run windows 7 on a Q1000 Actiontec modem. I want to avoid setting the laptop back to the factory settings if I can.

Sorry to seem so dense but this is my first shot at using a second unit on a wireless modem.

Rbuck

valis

You don't have anything to worry about. They wireless modem will find the nearest signal to connect to; for instance, let's say you travel to Alaska; you will connect to the hotel wireless, NOT your home wireless.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online