1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: disable the mouse

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mountian, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mountian

mountian Thread Starter

Hey guy's thank you all in advance. Ok this is fundemental I can't disable the mouse pad on my dell inspiron 5110 laptop so I can use my external usb mouse. I've tried different ways: uninstalled the mouse driver from the control panel under mouse properties It has no effect and it re-installs automatically when I re-start the laptop. Also tried to un-install from the device manager and it has no effect it re-installs. As well as from the devices and printers; and there is an fn key:f3 for this model to diable the mouse pad; it doesn't work at all. I was thinking of disconecting it but it probly won't pass post if I do that. Mabe the is a way to do it from the registry? Help please.

2. matthewdownloads

matthewdownloads

EDIT:
    Why are you wanting to do this? You can use the trackpad and usb mouse at the same time. You should be able to plug the mouse in the USB slot and it should just work without needing to disable the trackpad!

Read below for solution if you still want to do it:
    --------------------
    Rather than "uninstall" in device manager, in device manager try right click and "disable" on your track pad device.

3. mountian

mountian Thread Starter

I'm wanting to disable the mouse pad because it is to sensitive I'll be moving along them the cursor loses its focus cause my palm touch the pad. I've tried right clicking and disable none of the fundementals work odd thing is (as stated in my previous post) I hold down the fn key and press f3 the pad should disable and it doesn't. does anyone know a regedit config? mabe. I'm gonna try deleting the driver from the driver files. my usb mouse works fine I need to disable the pad...

4. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

The Inspiron™ N5110 / 15R uses an ALPSĀ® TouchPad which is Dell customized. http://dell.to/HKX1Sy You may need to reinstall this to get the full control (including Disable). Off chace you nay also need a BIOS update http://dell.to/JOhx2m
    Good Luck.

5. matthewdownloads

matthewdownloads

Did you see the solution I suggested above? Hit "Disable" rather than "Uninstall" in device manager. If that doesn't work then try 20_2_Many's solution.

6. mountian

mountian Thread Starter

Yes I tried rt click then disable that only works on the usb mouse thank you Matt.

7. mountian

mountian Thread Starter

Thank you 20_2_many I will look into this and let you all know how it works out. thanks again Mattewdownloads.

8. matthewdownloads

matthewdownloads

Oh, so is the touch pad not listed there then? I'd expect both the mouse and touch pad listed there and you could just disable the touch pad. You should try 20_2_Many's solution to see if that gets the touch pad to appear there. Then hit disable on it :)

9. mountian

mountian Thread Starter

Ok after playing in the bios; which I do believe I had already tried before posting, I changed the function key behavior form multimedia to function and I was able to disable the mouse...fundemetal. thanks for taking the time to help.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086008

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice