1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Disabled video card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dshoulder, May 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dshoulder

Dshoulder Thread Starter

Hi

I bought a new computer and I realised that the performance was not living up to what I expected. I worked out that there was an issue with the graphics running off the Intel 4600 ( I think) card rather then my NVidia 960 so I decided (rather foolishly) to disable the intel card and now I cant get any picture on my monitor. I has tried restarting the BIOS by removing the battery on my motherboard( Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3) but that hasn't helped. A mutal friend suggested running the integrated graphics card directly to the monitor but I really didn't know how to do that. So I anyone can help me with that or come up with another solution I work be immensely grateful

2. donetao

donetao Banned

Hi! Plug your monitor into the socket on the dedicated GPU rather than the one on the onboard graphics card.

3. Dshoulder

Dshoulder Thread Starter

Hi I spent many hours trying to fix this I couldn't work out how I was meant to put my lead in another socket when then was no socket put it into. Went to bed had another look lo and behold there was another socket -.- anyway thanks.

Not sure if you are allowed to do this but I still have the initial issue that my 960 isn't being properaly detected and when I tey to use nvidia control panel I get Nvidia Display settings are not available you are not currently attached to a nvidia GPU despite geforce and device manager showing it. It also does not appear on the dxdiag

4. Dshoulder

Dshoulder Thread Starter

Well nvm turns out I have been using the intregated all along and by changing the leads back to the new socket the control panel works. I'm just be happy it works and not that I've had so manyissue because of one HDMI port :D anyway thanks again

5. donetao

donetao Banned

Your very welcome! Happy you got it solved!! Thanks for the feedback!!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147978

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice