1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Disabling Acronis True Image 2015

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Allan Murray, Mar 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Allan Murray

Allan Murray Thread Starter

I have had Acronis True Image 2010 installed on my Compaq Presario, with Vista OS, for a few years and have found it excellent and simple to use. As that version failed to work, I decided that the best thing would be to update to the 2015 version. Having done this I find the new version very difficult to understand, and it is slowing down my computer. This may be because I also downloaded the trial version of Acrronis Cloud at the same time, although I cannot see me using it. How can I uninstall Acronis cloud, and how can I disable and enable Acronis True Image as i will only be using it about once a week at the most, and I could have my speed back the rest of the time? Allan.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Add/Remove programs?

3. vembutech

vembutech Banned

Hi,

For Update :

Acronis True Image 2015 notifies you automatically when an update is available from the Acronis
    website. You can download it, and then install it over your version of Acronis True Image 2015.
    All your backups and settings will be kept.

Uninstallation

To remove Acronis True Image 2015 from your Mac:

1. Open the Finder, and then click Applications.
    2. Find Acronis True Image 2015 in the list, and then drag it to the Trash.

Trial version information:

If you want first to try and evaluate Acronis True Image 2015, you can install the free, 30-day trial
    version of the product. The trial version is fully functional. After the trial period, the program
    functionality is blocked and you will need to upgrade to the full version if you wish to continue using
    Acronis True Image 2015.

After the trial period expires, your backups are not deleted and can be used for recovery in the full
    version of Acronis True Image 2015.

Acronis Cloud:

You have unlimited storage space during the trial period. You can use this space to store your
    online backups. After the trial period is over, Acronis Cloud works in recovery-only mode for 30 days.
    After this period, you won't be able to use the Acronis Cloud service and all your data will be deleted.

You can upgrade your trial subscription at the Acronis website:

https://www.acronis.com/my/online-backup/.

Upgrading to the full version :

To upgrade to the full version of the product:

1. Purchase the full version at the Acronis website:
    www.acronis.com/redirector/products/timac2014/getfullversion/.

2. Open Acronis True Image 2015.

3. On the menu bar, click Acronis True Image 2015, and then click Enter Serial Number.

4. Insert the full serial number in the appropriate box, and then click Proceed.

4. Johnny2K

Johnny2K

5. Allan Murray

Thank you for these replies. To clarify my problem, I have downloaded, installed and paid for Acronis True Image 2015 on 14 Feb, 2015, so I am stuck with it, so the programme, EaseUs, although very attractive, is irrelevant. I would never get my money back from Acronis. I want to reduce the slowing down of my computer since I installed this version of Acronis. It is slowing it down even when I am not using the programme. Uninstalling would be a last shift. I want to use the programme WHEN I WANT TO USE IT. Allan

6. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Use the media builder to burn a boot CD of Acronis 2015.
    Use Revo Uninstaller to remove the program.
    When you want to make an image, boot the CD. Acronis loads in RAM, not on your computer and you create or restore an image.

I have run Acronis not installed on the computer for 2010, 2012 and 2015.
    I don't update once I have a version. My un-updated v 2010 and 2012 still continue to be able to create and restore images.
    I have not yet restored an image with 2015 so I didn't mention that.

7. Allan Murray

Thank you. This seems like a good idea, but my tech knowledge leaves me with the following questions:
    1. What is 'media builder', and is a boot CD just an installation disc for Acronis?
    2. What is the difference between using Revo Uninstaller rather than using Control Panel and Remove Programme?
    3. What does "Acronis loads in RAM, not on your computer" mean?

Please excuse my ignorance. Allan.

8. Rich-M

Rich-M

I think what plodr is saying is uninstall the program from Programs and Features in Control panel after making a rescue disk inside Acronis 2015 first. Then you can utilize Acronis outside of Windows by running the functions you want from the bootable rescue cd which you need to have anyway because if the hard drive died, without a rescue cd you could never use image files to restore to a new drive anyway.

Now that said be aware of something please. If the program bothers you and slows down your computer, that is what it does. You can go into startup and remove all of the Acronis mentions by going Run, msconfig, ok, startup and simply unchecking every mention of Acronis and it will still run, just not in the background slowing down your system. However I quit using Acronis years ago because it had so many issues with Windows 8 and 8.1 I didn't feel safe with it and I know you don't want to hear about anything else but if you uninstalled it and tossed it out, and a free program was much easier to use and did the same job then how would you be out money? EaseUs isn't the one to use because it is monstrously slow but Macrium Refelct is quick like Acronis. To simply make clones and image files Macrium Free is full featured and runs as fast as Acronis. The interface is simple easy to use and the only reason to buy it would be if you want to make differential or incremental clones otherwise there is no difference. Macrium also is the only backup program to offer Windows rescue cd and Linux and that has advantages with these new UEFI bios and secure boot features as well you will eventually move to when you upgrade Windows some day!

9. Rich-M

Rich-M

Oh as for Revo Uninstaller, it removes the entire program and all the entries in the registry the Windows installer leaves. The only problem with the free version is it does not work on 64 bit programs so if your system is 64 bit I would suggest "Wise Uninstaller" instead which does the same things but also works on 64 bit programs.
    http://www.wisecleaner.com/wise-program-uninstaller.html

10. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  11. Rich-M

Rich-M

I shall take a look at that plodr thanks much!

12. Allan Murray

I have been distracted with other things, and have not been able to get back to this problem.

The bootable rescue disc appeals. I know how to burn CDs, but what do I burn? Is it simply the original download .exe file?
    Also can I use it for file back-ups as well as clones?....Allan.

13. Rich-M

Rich-M

You open the program and I think its tools or options you should see how to create Rescue Media.You make the recue disk inside the program and then boot to it. I haven't used Acronis since I lost 2 pc's with it in 2013 and lost 2-3 days trying to recover from the mess the 2013 version did to my systems so I won't install it ever again. Someone who uses it will have to explain it to you better if this doesn't help enough.

14. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  15. Allan Murray

Help!! I have just had a message on my screen telling me that my hard disc (C) was almost full. I could not believe it. It is not so long ago, 3 months at most, that I last checked, and it was just over half full, and it had taken me about ten years to get to that. I have done nothing unusual, mostly word documents. This is scary. What has happened. Please help. Allan.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144066

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice