Solved: Disappearing video file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

alwrmc

B.L.
Yesterday I transferred the contents of a 16gb video card to my computer. I clicked on one of the files and watched the video file. Later my wife wanted to see the video (motorcycle ride) but when I went to the folder to open the file it is no longer there. The other sections of other videos are still there. Only the one that I had just 30 minutes earlier watched was missing.
This happened once before exactly the same way. Files were copied into a folder, and then one was viewed. The viewed file disappeared from the folder leaving all the other files.
The other files have remained even after I viewed them. Only the first file viewed disappeared!
I am POSITIVE I did NOT accidently click on delete and then accidently click on the yes I'm sure I want to delete it buttons.
Does anyone have any suggestions on where the file(s) went? Could they have be restored into another location?
(Windows 8.1 with all the latest updates)

Oddba11

Jim
It's My Birthday!
I've not seen this before. Is the file in the Recycle Bin?

alwrmc

B.L.
No, not in recycle bin. I did a search and it does not show up on the HD. My friend is going to recopy the video for me and I'm gonna start making two copies in two different folders! :(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online