1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Disk Boot Failure, Insert system disk and press enter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GMan316, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GMan316

GMan316 Thread Starter

Hi, I've recently tried to install a new HDD (WD Black 1 TB) and a new vid card ATI Radeon HD 3850. When I try to boot and install XP I'm getting the msg Disk Boot Failure, insert system disk and press enter.

Before I was getting "PXE-E53: No Boot Filename Received." However I went into BIOS and disabled the OnChip LAN Controller and I'm now getting "Disk Boot failure, insert system disk and press enter."

When I check in BIOS it seems the HD and my CD Rom are both being detected (They both come up). My initial feeling is that my CDRom is failing, but could it also be that I've gotten a dead HD? If anyone can help me with the Disk Boot Failure problem I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

2. Hughv

Hughv

Is this a SATA drive? You may need to "Press F6 to install 3d party driver".

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

It can't boot to the hard drive if it is empty. It needs to boot from CD. Is the CD in the list of boot devices in the priority list in BIOS? If the network is there (or PXE), move it down on the list.

The CD should boot regardless of your hard drive.

4. GMan316

GMan316 Thread Starter

Thanks for the input guys. I found out that my problem was a faulty CD-RW Drive. I took one of my older drives (IDE) and plugged it in and it read the XP CD fine.

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

You can mark your own threads "solved" using the button above.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/891205

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice