1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Disk check unmounted my drive

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by davnon, May 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. davnon

davnon Thread Starter

I suspected disk errors on my local drive D, which is a 500G partition of a 750G drive - not a system drive, just data. I decided to run disk check, but when it started it told me that the drive must be unmounted. I closed all apps and told it to force unmount.
    Since the disk check took a long time and slowed me down significantly, I've decided to cancel it and run it at night.
    After cancelling the disk checking, I cannot access my D drive any more. I can see it in my computer and in computer management, but apparently it is still "unmounted" and I couldn't find a way to remount it. Please advise! Thanks.

2. davnon

davnon Thread Starter

I forgot to mention - I'm running win7 enterprise 64bit

3. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Did a reboot help??

4. davnon

davnon Thread Starter

Although I did not expect it a simple reboot solved the problem :)
    My system rebooted automatically after a Windows update and that took care of the problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148169

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice